Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Under pressure (Not the good, David Bowie kind either)

Well, after a hiatus whilst I moved residences (thanks Telstra for the 10 day delay, awesome), I am back online. I came back to an inbox crammed full of messages re: 401. Who has time to wade through all this stuff? Full time students I guess...Most definately not me...

Uni is getting to me and I have gone down like the proverbial sack of you-know-what with a migraine. Been bedridden and this has thrown out my whole essay writing schedule. Life is never easy huh?

I have to say that I am feeling the pressure of uni work at the moment and my overwhelming thoughts regarding the Teacher Librarian qualification I am doing is that I feel at a DISTINCT disadvantage not being a librarian working in a school... which is kind of weird because that's why I am studying, TO BECOME A LIBRARIAN IN A SCHOOL!

I find it very hard to understand why it seems to be almost a pre-requisite of the course that you are already doing the job in which you are seeking the qualification?!?! When I did my law degree, there was no assumed knowledge, if you were already working in a law firm then sweet, you had an advantage, but there was no expectation that you were already a lawyer, there was an understanding that that was probably why you were attending uni studying a bachelor of laws.

Well there is my rant for today, time to go back to bed with some migraine medication...

No comments:

Post a Comment