Monday, April 12, 2010

Reflections (Not the cool Diana Ross kind either)

Despite my initial reluctance at the whole blog idea, I am kind of liking the whole venting of the spleen to the universe vibe that's going on...

As I sit here pondering assessment task #1 for EDTL401 I am again struck by the fact that it seems to be a prerequisite that one is a teacher librarian in order to learn how to become a teacher librarian- see my earlier post http://sarah-pike.blogspot.com/2010/04/under-pressure-not-good-david-bowie.html for the full rant.

I understand that at some point in this degree I will need to engage with trained teacher librarians and undertake practical placements. What I was not prepared for was that in the first few weeks of the first subject in the first semester, I would be expected to locate a real live teacher librarian and enlist their assistance in writing my paper. Seems a bit presumptuous on my part "Hi, you don't know me but I am thinking about becoming a teacher librarian and was wondering if you could help me with my assignment?" Not too much of a drama if you already are a teacher librarian, which brings me back to my original point...

What has also struck me as odd is the requirement to write this assignment in the third person when the question asks us to ...critically analyse the role YOU believe the teacher librarian should play in creating an information literate school community... bring on the twists and turns as I try to contort myself into giving my opinion about something whilst not expressing it as my opinion.

Spleen vented... for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment